-
May 7th, 2000, 10:41 PM
#1
Inactive Member
When using digital video in premiere 5.1 i get these quick black outs in the output of the digital video files. Its weird they usually come when editing a scene and/or adding transistions, in the middle of the scene it will just black out and come back real quick like the blink of an eye. I wonder if this is a problem i can fix, anyone know how? PLEASE HELP!
-
May 8th, 2000, 07:21 AM
#2
Inactive Member
I have noticed a similar problem when playing back video from the timeline - particularly at the end of a transition such as a dissolve or whatever.
However, I found that once I'd exported the project as a single video clip (rather than viewing it from the timeline in Premiere) the black flashes had disappeared. I think they are just another temporary bug.
-
May 10th, 2000, 12:32 PM
#3
Inactive Member
I think its coz you haven't "rendered" it - (don't know if I've got the right word! The computer has to biuld transitions like dissolves and so if you haven't biult it it will just show black with a little cross at the top of the screen. There is a bar over the time line if you extend this or move it over your transition and then in a pull down menu at the top of the screen select "render" or something that sounds similar it should take a couple of seconds for the computer to biuld it and then you will be able to play it .
P.S don't quote me on that coz I'm not sure. If you still have problems talk to my teacher at: www.egroups.com/group/SIAD - Premier
-
May 12th, 2000, 09:21 AM
#4
Inactive Member
Many possible reasons:
Your videocapture card or your hardrive is not fast enough and skip some frames when capturing
your videocard is not fast enough to playback the type of digitalvideo file (mostly with Quicktime). decrease size of the "monitors" frames.
The output data rate is wrong
The frame rate is different from a source to an other (i e : you edit in 30fps on a 25fps movie, which may either speed up the playback or loose frames)
as said above, the movie is not rendered (the word is correct: producing digitalframes by computing pictures datas given the added effects)
Generally speaking, check the properties of the videofiles you work with (file>get properties)
Pay attention to these sorta problems because it can screw your movie from the start, whatever you ll do when it s time to render (a lost frame is lost!)
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks